Friday, November 7, 2014

Finally Friday

What a beautiful Friday today has turned into. Last night was windy and rainy and just yuck, when we woke up though it was cool feeling and sunny and just all around wonderful. I missed my 30 days of thankfulness yesterday so i'll start by catching up.
 
6. I am thankful for my Mine! My grandmother is such an influence in my life and an inspiration in he lives of so many others.
 

7. I am thankful for passed down recipes. I was given a fabulous recipe for peanut butter cookies from Mine and they are the best I have ever tried.
 
Peanut Butter Cookies
1/2 Cup Butter or Margarine (Butter makes them much better)
1/2 cup Peanut Butter
1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
1/2 cup Brown sugar- Packed
1 Egg
1 1/4 cup All-Purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
 
Mix butter, peanut butter, sugars, and egg thoroughly. Measure flour, blend all dry ingredients together - stir into butter mixture and chill covered for 1 hour.
Heat oven to 375 degrees. Roll dough into 1 1/4" balls. Place 3" apart on lightly greased baking sheet. Flatten crisscross with fork. Bake 10 t 12 minutes. Will make about 3 dozen cookies. Enjoy!
 
 
"This morning with her having coffee." Johnny Cash, when asked his definition of paradise. Love this quote so dearly. I want a love like Johnny and June with my whole heart. But this morning my paradise was with my lovely grandmother, Mine.
 
 
 
Her flower arrangement is beautiful. All the flowers came from her bountiful yard.
 
"The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God stands forever" Isaiah 40:8
 
~ Miss Nikki
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment