Monday, November 24, 2014

Happy Monday!

Hello everyone! I hope everyone is having a wonderful Monday so far. With the cooler weather I had been sleeping so good but last night it really warmed up and it is no fun sleeping in heat. Anyway enough with my rant. Let's catch up on the things I am thankful for.

20. I am thankful for Homecooking. My Mine is whipping up some delicious, completely from scratch banana pudding for my boyfriend, Charlie. Banana pudding is his favorite dessert. That night we had pig picking style BBQ, baked beans, salad, cottage fries, and yummy banana pudding. In the picture the ma-rang hadn't been baked yet.


21. I am thankful for good reading. I usually don't read books but I got a fabulous book from Barnes and Noble this weekend and I am so excited to start reading it. I have seen the movie and it is wonderful. I love to read magazines and such but usually don't have time to read books. This book I will have to make time for. 


22. I am thankful for my many cups. This may seem like a funny thing to be thankful for but I love my tumblers and mugs. I love always having something different to drink out of and carry to school with me.


23. I am thankful for waders. My waders keep me warm and dry while hunting. I can wade out to get the ducks when they fall and not worry about getting wet. They are a very important thing to have when we go duck hunting.


24. I am thankful for being taught how to set the table. I was taught many different things growing up about how things should be done, many of them frivolous but I am so glad I know how to set a table. I consider this act a dying art, nobody cares anymore but I think a set table is so pretty and I hope others continue out this tradition as well. 


I hope everyone has a wonderful rest of their monday!

"So then, brothers, stand firm and hold to the traditions that were taught by us, either by our spoken word or by our letter." 2 Thessalonians 2:15

~ Miss Nikki



No comments:

Post a Comment